Tuesday 14 August 2012

Moderated collision!

I have been meaning to meet up with some of my fellow moderators at Heresy Online for some time. After a little bit of arranging I managed to persuade 'Dave T Hobbit' and 'Tim/Steve' or Dave and Tim to meet me at Triple Helix. It was the most central point and has great rates for hiring a table (£2 for 4 hours).

So on Saturday 11th, and had a 2 vs 1 game of 40k. It was a 1500 point game with my Orks and Dave’s Thousand Sons playing Tim's Imperial Guard. It was a great game, and more details can be found with the excellent battle report written up by Tim that can be found here.

Other than the battle it was good to put names to faces and I suggested we should have another meet at some point with more of the UK moderators, maybe at Warhammer World.

On the figure front I have been helping to strip down so old marines for Oliver. He has a new colour scheme and a complete removal of the old layers of paint will give him a good base to start from. I on the other hand have been very slow with my painting and really need to knuckle down and get some boyz painted up. So I will be putting the PS3 controller to one side and seeing if I can get to he next 10 shootas done by the end of August. The 9 remaining choppas will need to be done by mid September if I plan to get everything done by the end of the year.

But still there is nothing like a tight painting schedule to get me going on an army.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was fun and very interesting! Keep posting, I am one of your followers now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get him to pick a Cursed 21st Founding chapter! The backstory and conversion possibilities would be awesome

    ReplyDelete